As a coach at the Herndon and Ashburn offices of PsychEd Coaches, I provide the following services:
- ADHD & Executive Function Coaching for individuals with ADHD or other difficulties involving executive functioning. I help children, teens and adults deal with issues that interfere with academic or work performance and coping with life difficulties. Together, clients and I work to identify their goals and the steps they can take toward meeting these goals.
- Parent/Family Coaching, for parents and families navigating life with a child or family member with ADHD or a related disorder. Issues families may encounter include problems with communication, difficulty establishing rules and boundaries, blaming and harboring resentment, and trouble controlling behavior.
Given my experiences as an educator and my focus in developmental psychology, I have special interests in the following areas:
- Helping children to build skills that they can take with them throughout life.
- Working with teens and young adults to develop the academic skills that they didn’t learn earlier, to identify environments that will be conducive to meeting their needs, and to learn to advocate for themselves.
- Working with gifted children and adults, whose active minds and speed of processing may be misdiagnosed as ADHD or who may have learned compensatory techniques for executive skills deficits.
- Providing support and information to the spouses and parents of individuals with ADHD.
- Helping adults with ADHD or related disorders navigate their working environments
I have experience in working with individuals who have ADHD combined with another disorder, such as anxiety or depression.
In addition to the Herndon office where I work, Psych Ed Coaches has offices in three other locations in Northern Virginia (Ashburn, Alexandria, and Falls Church/Vienna). Assessment services are provided in the Ashburn office. For more information about Psych Ed Coaches, please visit our website or call (571) 289-9729 for information about coaching or (703) 314-5267 for testing services. The clinical director of Psych Ed Coaches, Dr. Abigail Levrini, has also written a best-selling book about Adult ADHD, entitled Succeeding with Adult ADHD which explains more about the model of coaching behind Psych Ed Coaching.